Project and Research Support Officer
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Australia-China Relations Institute (ACRI) is recruiting a Project and Research Support Officer to provide research support to the Director, Deputy Director and Senior Project and Research Officer as well as broad support to the Senior Project and Research Officer in assisting with project coordination and execution in the areas of publications, communications, digital management and events.
UTS established ACRI in 2014 as Australia’s only think tank devoted to illuminating the Australia-China relationship. ACRI contributes to the vision of UTS to become a world-leading university of technology and draws on many of the University’s established research strengths. ACRI is funded from a variety of sources including the UTS central research and operational budget, private philanthropic gifts and contributions from more than 20 leading Australian and Chinese corporates that are committed to developing the bilateral relationship.
For examples of ACRI’s project and research output, please review the ACRI website: www.australiachinarelations.org
The Project and Research Support Officer plays an important role in delivering support for the research, events and digital components of ACRI’s Strategic Plan. This plan aims to inform and promote productive dialogue in the Australia-China relationship.
– Providing research support to the Director, Deputy Director and Senior Project and Research Officer for academic articles, reports, fact sheets, opinion editorials and briefings. In some cases research support will take the form of providing briefing material while in other cases it will involve authoring responsibility.
– Assisting with coordinating, proof-reading and fact-checking ACRI research projects and publications.
– Assisting the Senior Project and Research Officer with ACRI website maintenance and updates and contributing to the development of the website.
– Assisting with media relations, including drafting and distributing press releases.
– Providing background research and broad support for the smooth planning and operation of ACRI events.
– Providing accurate, efficient and timely administrative support for ACRI’s daily operations.
– Ensuring the effective management of internal and external stakeholders as tasked by the Director and Senior Project and Research Officer.
Main skills/experience required:
– Familiarity with the Australia-China relationship including key issues, challenges and opportunities.
– Proven research experience and output.
– Previous experience in stakeholder engagement.
– Completion of an undergraduate qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in international relations or a related field.
– An understanding of academic and government processes.
– Honours degree in international relations or a relevant discipline area.
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $76,509 to $82,839 pa (HEW 6)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a 3 year fixed term full-time basis.
Closing Date: Monday 28th November at 11.59pm (AEST)
More information available here.