The Department of Chinese Studies educates students in the Chinese language, linguistics, analysis of literature and cinema, cultures, and societies of the Chinese speaking world with an emphasis on communication and critical thinking skills.
Applications are invited for the position of Scholarly Teaching Fellow in Chinese Studies. The successful applicant will be expected to make a contribution to the department’s teaching and research program.
As the successful applicant you will:
• teach and coordinate units in Chinese language and culture, including units for summer and winter school, and in Chinese Language Diploma
• coordinate in-country study programs and develop new in-country study programs
• develop online teaching materials and e-learning modules and contribute to the department’s and school’s curriculum development
• participate in the progress review of postgraduate students
• undertake administrative and other duties as required
• participate in the research seminars and other research activities of the department and school
• conduct research in an area of expertise and publish in ERA-eligible journals or other respectable academic forums.
CLOSING DATE: 17 June 2016