- Prestigious David Myers Fellowship Program
- 3 year, fixed-term appointment based at any campus
- Make a significant contribution to your discipline at an international level
Positions available at A, B and C levels.
The Research Fellows will propose and undertake projects aligned with areas of research strength, Research Focus Areas (RFAs), Disciplinary Research Programs (DRPs) or active Research Centres. This will include the following:
- Conduct and publish, high quality, high impact research and other scholarly activities under limited supervision either independently or as part of a team.
- Obtain, or assist in obtaining, research funding from external sources.
- Form productive research partnerships
- Participate in professional activities including presentations at conferences and seminars in field of expertise.
- Provide advice within the field of the employee’s research to Honours and postgraduate students.
In addition, the Senior Research Fellow will also;
- Provide leadership in research related activities
- Make a significant contribution to the discipline at the national and international level, demonstrated by a strong record of published work or other scholarly activities.
- Supervise Higher Degree by Research (HDR), students.
- Contribute to building a robust and ambitious research culture within La Trobe
To be successful in the role you will have a PhD in a relevant discipline and possess demonstrated relevant academic experience. You will also possess:
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published, relative to opportunity;
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly in English both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students; and
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Closing date: 17 June 2016
More information: http://internaljobs.latrobe.edu.au/cai/en/job/551167/david-myers-research-fellowships