Scholarships available to Australian citizens and permanent resident for postgraduate study (masters and PhD) with a focus on “strengthening Australia-Asia ties” and for undergraduates for “Asian Exchange”.
Further information is available through the following partner universities:
- The University of Adelaide
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of Tasmania
- University of New South Wales
- University of Western Australia
Future Leaders Scholarship
Whether your focus is Asia, new technology or social change we’re offering postgraduate study for talented individuals at Australia’s leading universities. Scholars will be exceptional people, chosen for their potential to make a difference to Australia’s future in one of our three focus areas:
- Technology and innovation
- Strengthening Australia-Asia ties
- Enabling positive social change
Valued at up to $120,000 over, typically, 2-3 years, scholarships will be awarded annually for research or coursework studies at graduate level.
Scholarships are open to those:
- Who have demonstrated academic excellence and are eager to undertake a PhD or full time Masters at one of nine universities, in a field of world class standing
- Passionate about strengthening Australia’s ties with Asia, driving technology and innovation or enabling positive social change
- With a bold vision to contribute to the growth and prosperity of Australia who can articulate this vision and how postgraduate study will help make it real
- Possessing a desire and potential to lead
- Keen to be inspired by others, build networks and collaborate across diverse disciplines
- Confident in taking on challenges.
Applications for the Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships are open from 7 July to 30 September 2015.
Asian Exchange Scholarship
The Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship supports undergraduates who are passionate about Asia and want to actively contribute to Australia’s success in Asia.
Scholarship recipients are given the opportunity to spend a semester studying at a leading Asian University. Encouraging students to ‘build their own adventure’, the Scholarship also provides students with the freedom to individualise their exchange program and enhance their experience through a range of opportunities beyond the classroom.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- enrolled in second year or beyond at a participating university
- intending to do a semester-long exchange.
The next round of The Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship will open for applications through our participating Australian universities in August 2015. All enquiries can be made through our participating Australian universities.