The CSAA will offer up to 15 scholarships covering registration for postgraduate students at PhD and MA levels in Australian and New Zealand universities to attend the 14th Biennial Conference of the CSAA.
This conference will be held as part of the 9th Biennial Conference of the International Convention of Asia Scholars (ICAS9), Adelaide Convention Centre, July 5-9 2015.
Who can apply?
• Students currently enrolled in MA by Research or PhD programs in Australian and New Zealand universities
• Students whose dissertations are under examination
• Those who have had their thesis examined and passed since July 2014 but who are not currently employed within an academic or teaching institution
• Applicants must have an aspect of Chinese studies as a dominant part of their research
Applicants must supply:
• Confirmation of current enrolment in a postgraduate course with a thesis component or recent submission of thesis for examination
• Statement of stage of enrolment (E.g. Year 1)
• Abstract of paper submitted
• Letter of recommendation from academic supervisor: The letter should make clear whether the student’s institution supports postgraduate attendance at conferences and, if this is available, why the applicant did not receive such funding
• A short CV including any publications
Applications will be assessed on the basis of academic merit and apparent need.
Applications should be emailed to CSAA Secretary, Dr Delia Lin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 22 March 2015